Friday, July 2, 2010

Back on the Face of the Earth

Yes, I realize I have been gone a long time. A REALLY long time. I gave up on my own blog a while back and stuck to just stalking other people via their blogs. But I have decided to get back into the blog frenzy for the same reason I started one in the first place: I am sick of having to explain to every single person what is going on in my life.

So.... UPDATES!!

I am home for the summer. Where is home, you might ask? Well, right now I call home "La Marque" but being a college student, home is constantly changing. I think a part of me will forever call Houston home now, even if I've only lived there three years. Something about getting your first apartment (and your second apartment...) that changes your way of thinking. So long story short, being a college student has forever voided my ideas on where and what home is. I don't even know if you can call La Marque my home seeing as every time I am here, I am either living out of a laundry basket (weekend visits) or boxes (summer, aka now).

Plans for the summer? Right now, my entire summer is revolving around the youth group and babysitting. We just got back from YEC in Dallas (YEC=Youth Evangelism Conference) last weekend. That was my first official taste of spending more than a few hours with this particular set of youth before camp. It's going to be a fuuuuun summer, haha! I love them all to death, so any shenanogans they pull will be well worth putting up with! (And yes I totally used a word like shenanogans! Be quiet! It's my blog! I can use whatever outdated words I want!) They are a fun group, but the really enjoy keeping me on my toes!

Oooh!! More exciting news!! I got my hair cut yesterday, but also got it curled! This is great seeing as it takes me about three minutes to fix my hair the way I want it, but if you look, it looks like I spent hours! WIN! It's been curly several times in my life, but normally I get sick of it after about a year and go back to straight, so we will see where I am this time next summer...

I think for now, that is pretty much my update. I'm sure more stuff has been going on, but I just can't think of anything else right now. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment