Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Morning In The Life Of Me

-Wake up. Missed breakfast.

-Facebook.

-Walk into the kitchen. Mentally slap myself for going to bed early instead of doing dishes.

-Spend a few minutes figuring out what time I need to put the chicken in the crock pot to be ready by 7 pm.

-Pray that I don't forget at noon to put the chicken in.

-Begin operation squeeky clean kitchen. Put away clean dishes in dishwasher.

-Take a minute to marvel at my amazing OCD-influenced organized tupperware cabinet.

-Put away only one clean steak knife into a container that holds six.

-Contemplate how only two people can use five steak knives in one day.

-Sit and try to remember what we ate yesterday.

-Make a mental note to look into cooking knives so all the steak knives don't get dirty during meal prep.

-Sadly watch as my favorite sponge deteriorates in my hand.

-Throw a mini-party with myself to celebrate picking a bright lime green sponge.

-Three dishes later, hate the lime green sponge for not having a scrubby side.

-Wonder how I am going to get 12,463 dishes clean during the course of this sponges life with no scrubby side.

-Wonder how many dishes I actually wash in the life span of one sponge.

-Decide to one day count the number of dishes.

-Pray that the rediculously high number does not push me into clincal depression.

-April comes back from class with news of a homework assignment she has due that she didn't know about.

-Watch as April reclines with her feet on the couch, snuggled in a blanket with a book.

-Continue operation squeeky clean kitchen.

-Get crock pot out so I don't forget to put the chicken in at noon.

-Watch April as she has to reach all the way to the end table next to her to grab her phone, groaning at the energy it took and the fact that she had to get out of her comfortable position.

-Mentally kill April.

-Remember what God says about killing in your heart.

-Say a quick prayer of repentance.

-Mentally kill April again for getting me in trouble with God.

-Laugh out loud at the joke I made that no one but me heard.

-Pray that April didn't hear me laugh.

-Sweep floor, that somehow got dirty again in the last 24 hours.

-Decide to make a rule that everyone must have their feet/shoes pressure washed before they walk on my kitchen floor.

-Wonder why in the world the front door is in the kitchen anyways.

-Remember the mud tracked in to our old apartment living room carpet and feel thankful the door is in the kitchen.

-Write a post it note and put it on the crock pot so I don't forget to put the chicken in at noon.

-Contemplate the theory of post it notes, wondering who had such a sad life that they thought of the idea.

-Realize that person probably had a life very similar to my own.

-Quickly push the thought out of my head.

-Facebook.

-Blog.

-Facebook.

-Blog.

-Wonder how all this got done in only two hours.

-Wonder what I am going to do to fill up the entire day.

-Wonder what happened to my once exciting, eventful life.

-Blog.

-Hit publish.

1 comment:

  1. What's really sad is that I have a lot of those thoughts on a daily basis. BTW...I too despise sponges without the scrubby side! I would have to say that my biggest issue with the kitchen is how one baby can go through 10-20 bottles a day....and no one washes them but me.

    ReplyDelete